Need help deciding which Powered Speaker is right for you?
We have extensively demo'd all the powered speakers and put together a Powered Speaker Guide listing the pro's and con's to help you choose the right model for your requirements, taste and budget. Check it out on our blog
About the A5+Affordable Audio
The goal of Audioengine is to provide a high-end listening experience at affordable prices with easy to use, high-quality products. The Audioengine 5 powered speaker system was Audioengine's flagship model and has become a best seller. The new A5+ has the same award-winning signature sound as the original A5 but includes customer-requested upgrades and features.Versatile
With custom Kevlar woofers, silk dome tweeters, and hand-built cabinets, the Audioengine 5+ includes a remote control, dual audio inputs and enhanced thermal management. You can charge your iDevice via the USB power port and also add a subwoofer to the variable output. Connect Audioengine 5+ to your computer's headphone jack or pair with a USB DAC to achieve an even higher level of sound quality. The Audioengine 5+ works with any computer and there's no software to install or settings to change.Easy Setup
Built-in power amplifiers save space and eliminate the need to connect Audioengine 5+ to a stereo receiver or external power amp. Simply plug the left speaker into an AC outlet and connect the included speaker wire from the left to right speaker. All internal components of the A5+ are tuned together, providing a more efficient system requiring less power than passive speakers and amplifiers. With superior stereo separation and incredible imaging, A5+ has a clear sonic advantage over boomboxes or all-in-one systems.Small Speakers, Big Bass
You won't hear any enhanced super-mega-hyper-monster boomy bass from these powered speakers. As with the original A5, the low end from the A5+ is real bass, very near to the originally-recorded music. From rap to classical to movies, you'll get tight, punchy bass with an awesome growl that will make you smile - regardless of the volume level.Hear the Difference
The Audioengine 5+ Premium Powered Speaker System delivers the audio performance and aesthetic quality expected from Audioengine and continues to close the gap between your computer music and home hi-fi. Even if you're not an audio enthusiast we guarantee your music will sound better!
Upgrades to the A5* They have moved the USB and 3/4 plugs to the rear so the top now looks clean and neat.
* advance tuned cabinet with rear-ported wave-guide acts like a mini transmission line (instead of small round bass reflex port) for even better bass.
* improved thermal management with heat sinks now at the back for longer term reliability.
* upgraded speaker connector binding posts can now take Banana plugs
* remote control to control volume and mute and sleep functions
* variable preamp line out so that you can hook up a powered sub and when you increase the volume on the A5+ it will also increase the sub's volume at the same time . ( This cannot be done with the A5)
* new L +R RCA inputs to improve the reliability of the connection ( mini headphone jack are never that good) also one mini-jack input now at the back.
* new stand-mount 1/4" threaded inserts
|System||2-way powered (active) bass reflex design|
|Tweeter||20mm silk dome tweeters with neodymium magnets|
|Woofer||5" Kevlar woofers with advanced voice coils|
|Frequency Range (hz)||50Hz-22kHz +/-1.5dB|
|Long-term Power (W)||50W RMS / 75W peak per channel|
|Weight (kg)||7Kg (left speaker), 4.4Kg (right speaker)|